2017 Latin America
From "Backyard" to Front-and-Center: Teaching Latin American Studies in the 21st Century
The 2017 Summer Institute will be held June 25-30, 2017 on the WVU Campus in Morgantown, WV with an overnight trip to Washington, DC.
Suggested Resources and Readings
Washington sites that we will visit and their educators' resources:
1. Pablo García Loaeza
2. Michele McArdle Stephens
3. Ángel Tuninetti
4. Matthew WilsonTimeline Manuscript
9. Bracero History Archive The Bracero program brought Mexican guest workers for short periods of time to the US from 1942-1964.
12. [Film] Which Way Home (2009) Because of the emotional intensity of some scenes, this might not be appropriate to show in class.
13. [Film] Storm that Swept Mexico (2011) PBS, on the Mexican Revolution
14. [Film] Under the Same Moon (2007)
15. [Film] Harvest of Empire—Untold Story of Latinos in America (2011) available on YouTube